Who doesn’t like pancakes! These pancakes are perfect for an easy weekend breakfast!
You will find everything you need in the cupboard to make these lovely American Pancakes. First of all gather together some plain flour, caster sugar, baking powder,butter,eggs and milk..
How to make the batter for your Pancakes
The Pancake batter will literally take minutes to make. Whilst your making the batter get the kids to put all the toppings on the table. The fun part is making your perfect combination!
Firstly in a large bowl sift 210g of flour, add in 2 tsps of baking powder and 50g of caster sugar. Give the ingredients a good mix together and set to the side.
In a separate bowl melt 55g of butter and set to the side to cool.. Once your butter has cooled add to the bowl with the butter 2 large eggs, 240ml milk and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
Subsequently take your two bowls and add the wet mixture in to the dry ingredients bowl. Mix both mixtures together until the mixture is smooth and thick. Next take your frying pan and heat some oil (I absolutely love my stone saucepan for making pancakes). After the oil has heated add roughly three tablespoons of pancake batter to the pan. Leave to settle for 30 seconds and then flip over. Repeat on the other side for 30 seconds and continue to flip until you have the desired colouring of your choice.
Continue to cook all your pancakes until you have a stack! Now comes the difficult part! What to top your pancake with! I love mixed berries as seen in my photos. However other favourites would be nutella and banana or lemon and sugar. Be sure to leave your suggestions in the comments to give me some pancake inspiration!
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Mixing Spoon
- Frying Pan
- Slotted Turner
- 210 grams Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 grams Caster Sugar
- 55 grams Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 240 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl sift 210g of Plain Flour.
- Add 2 tsp Baking Powder to the bowl.
- Add 50g Caster Sugar.
- Mix all bowl ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl melt 55g butter and let cool.
- Into the butter add 2 large eggs, 240ml milk and 1tsp vanilla extract.
- Mix all the ingredients in bowl together,
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mix and stir until combined.
- Mix until smooth and thick.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add 3 tablespoons of batter into the middle of the pan.
- Heat for 30 seconds and flip.
- Continue to flip in 30 second intervals until desired colouring is achieved,