Is it an ice cream? Or a cupcake? It’s both! The kids will love these non messy cupcake ice cream cones especially topped with vanilla buttercream, sprinkles and the all time favourite chocolate flake.
To make 12 cones you will need the following: Self Raising Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Butter, Eggs, Caster Sugar, Vanilla Extract and stand alone cones or waffle cones.
Home Economics Lesson this week Cupcake Ice Cream lol!
Baking really doesn’t get any easier than this! Take a mixing bowl and place in 190g of self raising flour, 190g of caster sugar, 190g of soft butter. 1/2tsp of bicarbonate of soda and 3 eggs. Mix all the ingredients well until combined with an electric whisk or stand mixer. Once combined add in 2 tablespoons of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix together for another 30 seconds.
Next take your muffin tray or cone stand and place your cones of choice in to them. Then just like making a real ice cream, take an ice cream scoop and fill each cone around 3/4 full with your cupcake batter mix. Once filled place in the oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes. When cooked take out of the oven and set aside to cool.
The cupcake ice cream cones are nearly ready! Next we need to make our buttercream topping! In your mixer place 250g of block butter and beat for five minutes until pale and fluffy. Once you have the required texture sift in 500g icing sugar and mix for another five minutes. Finally add in a teaspoon of vanilla and a tablespoon of water to loosen the buttercream and mix for a further 30 seconds.
Now comes the fun bit! Get the kids involved as they will love assembling their “ice cream cone”. Place some buttercream on the top of the cone and be as artistic as you want. It’s great if you can get that Mr Whippy look to it lol, Then add your sprinkles and flake! I just love this simple novelty cone.
For more cupcake recipes take a look at my Facebook page.
- Mixing Bowls
- Muffin Tray
- Ice Cream Cone
- Ice Cream Cone Stand (Optional)
- Electric Whisk
- 190 grams Self Raising Flour
- 190 grams Caster Sugar
- 190 grams Soft Butter
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tblsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 12 Flat Base Cones
- 250 grams Block Butter
- 500 grams Icing Sugar
- 1 tblsp Water
- 1 Tub Sprinkles
- 1 Pack Chocolate Flakes
- Into a bowl place 190g of self raising flour, 190g caster sugar, 190g soft butter, 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda and 3 eggs. Mix well with an eletric whisk or stand mixer until combined.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk and a tsp of vanilla extract and mix for 30 seconds.
- Place 12 flat base cones into a muffin tray or cones in to your cone stand.
- Take an ice cream scoop and fill the cone with batter and place in the oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Next into a mixer place 250g of block butter and beat for 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Sift in 500g of icing sugar and mix for another 5 minutes. Add in a tsp of vanilla and a tblsp of water to loosen the buttercream. Mix for another 30 seconds.
- Finally top your cupcake cones with the buttercream and add your topping of choice ie sprinkles and flake.
- Enjoy without the melting!