This classic snowballs recipe is nostalgia at it’s best! Why not try these for a wee treat tomorrow!
This recipe requires the simplest of ingredients that can be picked up in your local shop. You will need: Butter, 1 egg, Self Raising Flour, Caster Sugar, icing sugar, dessicated coconut and strawberry jam.
Let’s get Making your classic snowballs!
First take your mixing bowl and put 60g of soft butter (real block butter), 60g caster sugar and cream together with your mixing spoon. Next add in your egg and a spoonful of self raising flour and mix well. Take your milk and add a splash.
Next take your self raising flour and sift in 225g and mix well until a dough forms. To complete your dough, use your hands to bring it together at the end. Divide the dough balls into 16 balls and place onto a baking tray with baking paper. Bake at 200 degrees for 8 to 10 mins. Whilst your dough balls are baking take a new bowl and add 300g of icing sugar. Take some water and add a little at a time to form a liquid. Stir this well.
Once your cookies have cooled take a cookie and put jam on the flat side, then place another cookie and sandwich together. Repeat until all the cookies are sandwiched with jam. Then take another bowl (At least they aren’t messy bowls for cleaning lol) and put 300g of coconut into it. Firstly coat the whole cookie in icing glaze and finish it off by rolling into the coconut! We now have our first completed snowball. Enjoy!
These are a great treat to suprise the kids with after school or why not use them for dessert and have them with custard!
If you love this recipe then take a look at my facebook page for more recipes and tips!
- Mixing Bowl
- Couple of other bowls
- Mixing Spoon
- Baking Tray
- 60 g Soft Butter (Real Block)
- 60 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Splash Milk
- 225 g Self Raising Flour
- 300 g Icing Sugar
- Some Water
- 1 Jar Jam
- 300 g Dessicated Coconut
- 1 Spoonful Self Raising Flour
- Into a bowl put 60g of soft butter and 60g of caster sugar and cream together with a spoon.
- Add in 1 egg and a spoonful of self raising flour and mix well.
- Add in a splash of milk.
- Sift in 225g self raising flour and mix well until a dough forms. Use your hands to bring it together at the end.
- Divide the dough into 16 balls and place on to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 8-10 mins at 200 degrees.
- Into a bowl add 300g of icing sugar and add a little water at a time to get a liquid. Stir well!
- Take 1 cookie and put jam on the flat side and then take another cookie and sandwich together.
- Place 300g of coconut in to a bowl.
- Coat the entire cookie in icing glaze.
- Then roll into the coconut.