I can’t believe that I nearly forgot to post this Chocolate Scotch Eggs recipe with Easter round the corner! Why not surprise the family with these on Easter Sunday. A great way to be creative with a creme egg.
This recipe needs very few ingredients and is so quick to make! You will need the following in order to assemble your chocolate eggs. Chocolate cake/cupcakes or brownie..You can easily cheat here and buy all the ingredients in the shop making this a super easy and quick recipe to make. Vanilla or chocolate buttercream, chocolate eggs such as creme egg, oreo, lindor or reeses egg. Sprinkles or crushed biscuits, my particular favourite as you all know is biscoff!
Take a bowl and break up your chocolate cupcakes or brownies (I personally used 160 grams of chocolate cake to make three eggs). Rub the mixture between your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add in half a tablespoon of buttercream and mix it through the crumbs in order to mould into balls.
Now for the messy part! Take your chosen egg and some cake mixture and mould the mixture around the egg. Continue to do this with all your eggs and then place in the fridge for 30 mins. This will ensure that the cake mixture holds when it comes to dipping.
Now to the wrapping of the Chocolate Scotch Eggs!
Just before the eggs are due to come out of the fridge melt 150 grams of milk chocolate. Take your eggs out of the fridge and dip them in the melted chocolate until they are coated. Next take the coated eggs and roll in sprinkles or your biscuit mixure.
Finally place your eggs on to a baking tray and put in to the fridge for 30 mins to set. Such a simple recipe but these taste soooo good!
For more recipes like this one, please take a look at my Facebook page.
Chocolate Scotch Eggs
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- 160 grams Chocolate cupcake/cake/brownies
- 1/2 tbsp Buttercream of your choice
- 3 Chocolate eggs of your choice
- 150 grams Milk Chocolate
- 1 container Sprinkles
- 1 pack chosen biscuits for crumbs
- Break up your required amount of chocolate cupcakes/cake/brownies (i used 160g chocolate cake to make 3 eggs).
- Rub the cake between your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in half a tablespoon of buttercream.
- Mix the buttercream through the crumbs so that it can be made in to a ball.
- Take your chosen egg and some cake mixture and mould the cake around the egg.
- Continue to mould the cake round all three eggs and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Melt 150 grams of chocolate and coat the cake eggs in it.
- Once coated in milk chocolate dip in to sprinkles or crushed biscuit crumbs (biscoff are my favourite crumbs)
- Place the eggs on to a baking tray and put in the fridge for 30 mins. Once set enjoy!