These are a firm favourite, wouldn’t you agree? The sharpness of the raspberry goes so well with the sweetness and texture of the coconut. And, they are made so easily and in very little time. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon.
Bakealong – Raspberry Ruffles
- 340 g Desiccated coconut
- 75 g Icing Sugar
- 2 Packets Raspberry Jelly Crystals
- 397 g Condensed milk (1 tin)
- 250 g Milk chocolate
- 50 g White chocolate
- Grease and line one swiss roll tin with baking paper.
- Into a large mixing bowl put the desiccated coconut, icing sugar and jelly crystals. Mix together.
- Pour in a tin of condensed milk and mix with a spoon until all the dry ingredients are combined together.
- Put the mixture out onto your baking tray and spread out evenly with a spatula. Use the palm of your hand for this if you need to.
- Place into the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Melt 250g milk chocolate and 50g white chocolate. Pour the milk chocolate over the ruffles and spread out evenly. Then drizzle the white chocolate over the milk chocolate and use a spoon to swirl the chocolate to make a nice design.
- Set into the fridge for 15mins and then cut into 16 even squares.